Monday 2 May 2016

Think Aloud (Ludvig Janiuk)

Subject: 18-year old male, tech savvy but does not use sl app.

Task: Find the way from T-Centralen to Södermalmstorg using the SL-app in this prototype. Then imagine you are actually going that path and describe how you use the information you got.

Think-aloud: Ok so I want to use the sl app, I open it, I want to type the station [taps text field] oh, it appeared, ok, hm.. [small silence] So am I supposed to choose a route, or press "sök" first? Well here is a route that matches the stations so I'll just use it. [taps the first route] Oh, so now I have routes to choose from, Ok I'll pick the first [taps first route] ok this looks like it.

Me: Now imagine you are at TC and you just looked that up. How do you proceed to find your way to Södermalmstorg?

Think-aloud: Yes so I'm supposed to take the red line to Norsborg.. what's that train thing? [small silence] Does the color represent... places, right? How crowded it is? Can I press that question button? [presses it, then reads text that appears] Oh, so the color is for the exit later? Ok cool [presses cross to fold it] Now, I find the right train on TC and I use the door with the arrow because I can stand becuase it's just 3 minutes. Then I exit the train at Slussen and I'm going to look for a pink exit? [I show picture of exitting thru door] Oh ok, so I follow the pink arrows to the exit. Smart, so the phone knows about them. Then I just need to follow the arrows, right?

Me: Yes, that's it.

Analysis: I'm overall pleased, the subject had no problem grasping the train icon thing, but he was ofteh slow in how he proceeded. This maybe because he's not used to the sl app, and maybe becuase there's often a lot of information in the screen.


No comments:

Post a Comment