Monday 2 May 2016

Individual think aloud

Assignment and user

Find an itineries from T-Centralen to Södermalmstorg and try figure out which part of the train that is most fittingly to travel in and also how to find the exit closest by Södermalmtorg.
User was Hanna 24 years old studying social science and travels daily between Slussen and T-Centralen where she transfers to another train. She uses iPhone and have never owned a smartphone running Android (which is the OS in the prototype).

Translated notes

- I'll start by opening the SL-app i assume (Taps the icon)
- Then I'll first write the origin of my travel (Taps the "my position" field)
- Okay this was weird the text both T-Centralen and Södermalmstorg appeared in the text fields. I guess this has something to do with this kind of prototype..? Anyhow I'll continue

- I have some options of suggested itineries, I want this one (Taps the travel)
- Here is some new stuff. Hmm. Green usually indicates where one wants to be at, therefore I'll be placing myself in the green part of the train. (Points on the train displaying crowding information)

- No wait there's a small pink arrow here. That color is the same as the text instructiong me on which exit to take, that's where I'm suppose to stand right?! But is that in the front or in the back of the train? Hmm. I'll clock this questionmark and see if it provides any info. (Clicks (?)-symbol)

- Aha so this tells me how croeded the train is. I get it, obviously here I'll have to choose between having a seat or be close to my exit. 

Reflection

I'm happy with the result of the think aloud the behaviour of the user was corresponding very well to how we'd expected. The familiarities with the already existing SL application makes navigating a breeze if you are already familiar with that it seems. The tester never went silent during the assignment either which indicates that the app doesn't require the highest level of counciouss decisionmaking that interfears with spoken language that Gulan mentioned on his lectures.


No comments:

Post a Comment